ALLinONE-nknnode script, deploy nodes faster, with your own ChainDB!

True… odd enough at the pink screen I am unable to select anything! I have to do CTRL+C and reconnect. I am doing everything via ssh, maybe by using their console I would be able to select an option? It’s just that it’s quicker to go via tmux and switch between each tab…

if I avoid apt update & upgrade do you think I would get rid of that pink screen?

Yes you can avoid it. if you download the script, modify it.

Hashtag the update upgrade line

and run it with:

sudo su -
bash nkndeploy.sh

I don’t get kicked out on mobaxterm or terminus alpha, weird. I alwas select maintainers version on all update prompts.

Edit:
Also check under networking and firewalls, that you don’t have a firewall setup on Digital ocean

thanks, removing the update upgrade line fix the pink window issue, though it still gets stuck on “Waiting for NKN node software to start”… I have also verified that I don’t have any firewalls setup on Digital Ocean.

it’s very odd, the script it’s quite straight forward. I haven’t changed the flow or anything like that :confused:

Wait a bit, im also testing it now on DO

Installed with my phone vai terminus

Digital ocean, pink screen prompt maintainers version and the other prompt also maintainers version.

Screenshot_20210420-153301

but how!?!?!?!?
I have just tried to remain the flow intact and just change the “wget” line specified for chain DB URL ( I am hosting the file on google drive) and hardcode password and wallet, and you know what? It shows the first menu in a loop!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! (<- it’s a scream)

the menu gone mad :rofl:

Seems the script dont work…

Why is that?

Will you give me more info or what?

Leave the script mods to the pros ( which I am not ahahaha)

Edit its possible to hotlink google drive? Hmm

yeah :wink:

I have reverted all the changes and just kept the modified wget line to extract from google drive, it’s gone mad again on the very first menu!
It must be digital ocean as it works fine on localhost! aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Redownload the original script

Also does drive allow hotlinking? Are you sure you can just download directly off drive? Im not so sure about that.

Bro,Thank you for your excellent work,Can you give me a original sh link that I can download put somewhere I can run?

Yeah I have downloaded the original script and literally just replaced your "wget -O - “$websource” -q --show-progress " with my wget command and that is enough to break everything and have an endless loop on the first menu :confused:

I tried my wget command on its own and it does work, so I would expect the same surrounded by other code :confused:

Literally inside the command to start the script :smiley:

http://107.152.46.244/nkndeploy.sh

I am going to rebuild with 18.04, it’s probably that

20.04+

I use 20.04 on DO

I don’t know what else might be causing all these troubles if not OS version… As I said the exact same script works perfectly on my laptop. Let’s see what happens

This script can run now or need modify?

Its the same script we all use. It works