ALLinONE-nknnode script, deploy nodes faster, with your own ChainDB!

@muko I haven’t tested it on ARM. But i guess you would have to download the arm version of nkn-commercial software and adapto other things maybe.

@shadowt nobody wants to share their deploy servers because people would just leech off them. If you already have a mining node, you can look at advanced menu to make your own chaindb

OK,Doing it now. take 1 hour.

I did it. Of course downloading the package for arm.
It works like a charm but I was wondering if there are differences (in terms of performances) between ARM and intel/amd.

Thanks

One question: how much traffic one node generates in a month?

monitoring some nodes something about ~15/20Gb per day

did it increase? last I check it was 320ish GB, 50% down / 50% up

@muko

varies a lot according to the node, the region and the number of relays

Are the mining profits influenced by the Region?

To be hones I don’t know, but I think they are :smiley:

So reading the stats of nodes and where are located, it could be better to have them in US.
I cannot understand why some wallets are having thousands of transactions (and tokens) only since the middle of April. How many mining nodes they have behind???

No idea. Thousands :smiley:

one more question…
non nstatus I check one of my nodes and some nehigbour have an icon (it seems a server) near the IP, several others (the majority) nothing.

What does means that icon?

ohh that… just a dumb icon.

More than 76k nodes on aws.
In the best case a node costs 43$vm+23$disk for a year.
Not calculating the outgoing traffic that is around 0.09$/GB. If think that each node generates around 360GB/months it’s about 27$/month
7.2$/month if my node communicates only with other aws nodes…

I still do not understand how it can be profitable…

no idea, it’s probably insiders from AWS or someone with connections.

As now,aws‘ nodes work normal? or still appear to be offlined?

Hello!
Thanks a lot for your script, much appreciated it!
I have slightly modified it so that it gets down to the install1 function directly without having to type 3 and 5 at the first menus, I also added password, wallet and chainDB url hardcoded.

Though,despite the rest remains untouched, when I install it on the VPS (digitalocean), the timeout keeps popping up at the point “Waiting for NKN node software to start” saying that a firewall is blocking the download.

It’s very odd as I have not modified any ufw commands/rules within your script.
I also got to the point where I omit “ufw” from apt install (at the starting point of the script) and also made sure that ufw is not active by checking its status.
The same script runs perfectly on my local machine… what do you think it could be?

Got these variables hardcoded:
userpassword
benaddress
installtype
database

then the script jumps straight to install1()

@dottorMorte It’s probably digital ocean. When running updates there’s this pink screen, what did you select? Maintainers version or to keep current?

You have to give me more information dude… I don’t know what you’re talking about.