ALLinONE-nknnode script, deploy nodes faster, with your own ChainDB!

If it helps rajakhan, I was running 4 nodes for about a week and have mined 3 blocks (33 NKN). Two blocks were on one node that had 1 vCPU, 1GB of RAM, and 30 GB of storage. Two of the nodes haven’t returned anything yet.

1 Like

When i run this:

" wget -O nkndeploy.sh 'http://107.152.46.244/nkndeploy.sh'; bash nkndeploy.sh"

i get this:

“-bash: wget: command not found
bash: nkndeploy.sh: No such file or directory”

So curious if I might be hanging on this step, or if it should really take this long.

Running the script and I am downloading the ChainDB from another server. Got to the step where its waiting for the Node Software to start and its been chilling here for about half an hour. I am not sure how long it should take, if its downloading the ChainDB totally makes sense to hang here but that bit isn’t clear to me.

So anyone who’s run it know how long that part should be taking?

EDIT: Looking at the script it does look like this is the part where it downloads the DB so I guess it makes sense to hang here?

hmm not a expert here but that response seems to be that wget isn’t recognized as a command on your server. So it doesn’t download the script, which is why you are getting the second error. What OS are you using?

Does Azure also have a group security firewall like AWS?
On AWS the folder didn’t create because the node couldn’t access the internet properly.

The thing is if you shut down the service too quickly and put your own Chain inside the folder, it’s not gonna register it. It will just start from 0. That’s why the loop exists. But extra problems like firewalls get in the way it seems.

Are you running Ubuntu 20.04+?

The waiting for node software is just a loop that waits for the Node to create the folder ChainDB. That’s when its safe to kill the service and put the prepacked Chain in. it should take up to a minute, max 2.

But there are problems with AWS where they have group policy firewalls, that block NKN installation. annoying, i’m trying to solve it. There are no problems on Linode, Digital Ocean, Vultr

1 Like

I dont know really hehe Im a totally noob in VPS things

"Linux nkn-chanidb 4.19.0-14-cloud-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.171-2 (2021-01-30) x8
6_64
The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.
"

I made that server on Google for host the ChaniDB, step 1 of your script, and the idea was to download that file from vultr servers… i don´t know if i get everything wrong lol

Delete that server and try to find a Ubuntu VPS on Google.

It’s tested on Ubuntu 20.04, never tried Debian.

Sorry for the annoyance.

Hmm I am running this one in Azure. Let me see if maybe its the VM config I have

your script only works in Ubuntu 20.04+ (x64)?

I said it’s tested on ubuntu 20.04+, i’m sure it works on others but not guaranteed by me :smiley:

I’m sure google has Ubuntu software for their VPS

Ahh ok, i deleted my chaindb hosting server on google and making a new one with ubuntu …

Thank you so much for your respones!

Great! It should work.

You probably could have installed wget package and made it work, but it’s better to be safe. Be sure you make a minimum 35 GB server if you plan to make a node and a ChainDB host. If you just want to host the ChainDB go for around 20GB.

1 Like

Thanks, I would have been waiting an eternity if you hadn’t replied. I forgot to open the required ports on this VM. Just opened the ports and restarted it and it powered through the steps to downloading the db. :slight_smile:

I don’t use any restrictions on the platform, the node has it’s own firewall anyway.

1 Like

I`m in hang in “Waiting for NKN node software to start” for a half a hour too… do I have to wait or how do i continue from here? thx

The script hangs because of external reasons.

Usually external firewalls that AWS, Google, etc impose on your servers. Linode, Vultr, Digital Ocean don’t do that, so they have no problems deploying.

I’m really trying to fix this bug on my side, but it’s hard. Need a bit more time, I think I have a solution ready. Need to test it.

1 Like

So check your ports to make sure they are open. no112358 told me it should be 1 or 2 minutes. When I checked the port restrictions on my VPS I had forgotten to open ports npn needed. Once I opened those ports for the VPS it worked perfectly

rewrote the script so it has no loop, testing it now, deploying soonish, been at this for 12 hours straight :smiley:

2 Likes