Beneficiary wallet in config.json just says ""

I checked my config.json file and it just has “”, is this correct or do i need to put my web wallet address in there somehow? I do have 11 NKN in my web wallet but I havent gotten a reward for a while now.

It depends on which method did you deploy the nodes, and in which directory you found the config.json. NKN Commercial and plain vanilla nkn have config.json in different directories.

But in general, yes you need to have beneficiary address set up in config.json. Otherwise mining reward will go into the local wallet.

I deployed on AWS using the NKN commercial. The config.json I am looking at is located at /home/nkn/nkn-commercial/services/nkn-node. If i need to add an address how do I do that and can i move anything in the ‘local’ wallet if there is a mining reward in it? Thank you for the help

For NKN Commercial, beneficiary address only need to be configured once at the top level

/home/nkn/nkn-commercial/config.json

There isnt a config.json in that directory, should I create one there somehow?

Yes, you can create the simplest config.json with only one item in it

{
“beneficiaryAddr”: “NKNbbbbbbbbbbbxsfohfojfowjf”
}

I’m a bit curious, why this config.json was not created automatically. Did you deploy using 1-click and follow the latest instructions?

No idea, i deployed and followed what I believe was the latest instructions a month ago. I received a mining reward and then since the update that created a new ID I hadnt gotten anything. Not sure if that update messed something up.

Also, I tried using cat > config.json to try to create the file at that location but I am getting an error saying permission denied. Is that the correct command? I am a windows person so I am not sure what I need to do to overcome this