HOWTO: find out which node mined when using BeneficiaryAddr

The big question

A common question is: in mainnet, if we use recommended config.json using BeneficiaryAddr, then I can manage a large amount of node and aggregate all the mining reward in one secure wallet. But how can I find out which node mined which block? How can I find out which node is the golden goose that keeps laying eggs, and which node is a dud that never produce any block?

The easiest way is probably coming in the future, when nknx.org get fully upgraded. But at the mean time, you can do some manual work to find out.

Step 0: find out the public key of your nodes

Use either the explorer or nknc command, you can find out. And record them in an excel sheet or any note taking tools:

58%20AM

Step 1: check your BenefiaryAddr on explorer:

But input your BeneficiaryAddr into search bar, you can find a list of Mining Reward associated with this address. Click on the HASH to find out more details.

09%20AM
34%20AM

Step 2: check the details of Mining Reward, find out block height

Click on the block height link
41%20AM

Step 3: from block info, look for Signer

The signer should match the public key of one of your mining nodes. And now you know which node won that mining reward.
58%20AM

That’s it

Hope it helps. If you have even better and simpler way to find out, please post below to let other fellow miners know. Thank you!

Hi Bruce,

Following you ideas I made a Powershell script.
Given a bunch of IP’s you are able to see on a table (Grid-View) data extracted from nknc.exe
Moreover, I just added the feature to see total Rewards per node.

Even though we get some errors from nknx api, we can just repeat the process in order to get the data from a page we got an error previously due to at the end we just need the heights of the blocks which have been rewarded. Anyways, we won’t have duplicates.
Currently the pause is fixed at 5 sec, however I’ll check with ChrisT in case I must increase it. Many people querying explorer.nknx.org! :grin:

I added some data so people can understand better the variance in the short term even having 100 nodes for a week.

7b
*screenshot above has been edited

We also can export the data to Excel to play with.

I’m not a developer, code works though.:smiley:
Regards

1 Like

I was having a look and realized data shown is inaccurate. Data contains nodes which were recreated when network was down, so new ID means I cannot track Rewards on those nodes which shows 0.

With nodes keeping same ID Rewards, the PS script is accurate though.

So I got the # blocks from my beneficiary address just to show real numbers. From the 4th of July to 11th. That peak was due to network was down for several hours and I updated my nodes quickly once network was recovered.

Average is 26.85 Block/day. Having 100 Nodes would be around 0.27 Blocks/day, therefore less than 4 days / Block. Without the downtime I estimate getting a Block in about 5 Days (Network @20k nodes). However, this is because of less variance due to the huge number of nodes.

Happy mining! :grinning:

1 Like