We released a new version v1.0.6-beta. This release improves block building and syncing logic under massive spamming transactions:
- Add NumLowFeeTxnPerBlock config to control building block logic
- Dynamically adjust sync RAM usage based on total RAM
- Retry syncing block with halfing batch size if fails
This is a compatible upgrade, but upgrade is highly recommended since it greatly saves your and everyone else’s disk space, bandwidth usage, CPU/RAM usage and more. See Let’s prevent transaction spamming in a decentralized way for more information about the importance of this update.
- If you are using one-click on DO/AWS/Google Cloud or one-click GUI, you just need to restart your instance (or kill nknd process and let it restart).
- If you downloaded the release version, you just need to download it again https://github.com/nknorg/nkn/releases , replace your nknd and nknc and run again
- If you build from scratch, you just need to do the build again.
- If you are using some scripts or tutorials that has auto-updator, then it should be automatic if the auto-updator is working properly.
You probably don’t need to download the ChainDB snapshot manually, but if you really want or need, you can use https://nkn.org/ChainDB_latest.zip .
To update to the new version, please stop your nknd, rebuild (or download the latest binary from https://github.com/nknorg/nkn/releases ), and then restart. If you are using the GUI miner or auto-updater, then you just need to stop and restart and miner and it will upgrade automatically.