We released a new version v1.0.8-beta. This release helps new node to join the network when the low fee transactions are congested by allowing node to add txn fee for generate id txn automatically and also being able to include more small size low fee txn per block:
- Add RegisterIDTxnFee to control txn fee when generating id
- Add LowFeeTxnSizePerBlock to control low fee txn size per block (it is now recommended to use LowFeeTxnSizePerBlock instead of NumLowFeeTxnPerBlock)
This is a compatible upgrade, but upgrade is highly recommended to help improving the network conditions. The old version might be deprecated at some point to accelerate the upgrade process. See Joining the network instantly by paying 10^-8 NKN for more information about how to join the network fast by paying a tiny amount of fee.
- If you are using one-click on DO/AWS/Google Cloud or one-click GUI, you just need to restart your instance (or kill nknd process and let it restart).
- If you downloaded the release version, you just need to download it again https://github.com/nknorg/nkn/releases , replace your nknd and nknc and run again
- If you build from scratch, you just need to do the build again.
- If you are using some scripts or tutorials that has auto-updator, then it should be automatic if the auto-updator is working properly.
You probably don’t need to download the ChainDB snapshot manually, but if you really want or need, you can use https://nkn.org/ChainDB_latest.zip .
To update to the new version, please stop your nknd, rebuild (or download the latest binary from https://github.com/nknorg/nkn/releases ), and then restart. If you are using the GUI miner or auto-updater, then you just need to stop and restart and miner and it will upgrade automatically.