We released a new version v1.1.0-beta. Version 1.1.0 is a major release that introduced web GUI dashboard, new crypto puzzle mechanism, new txn type, and a lot performance optimization. Feature highlights:
- Add a web-based GUI dashboard that can be used to show node status and change configurations. By default the dashboard can be accessed from browser at
http://127.0.0.1:30000. Note: in order to build the dashboard from source, you need to have
Node.js (v10 or higher)and
yarninstalled. But you don’t need them if you download the release version.
- Reduce memory usage (and we are working on further reduce it in the future)
- Reduce disk IO usage when txn pool is full
- When new wallet joins the network for the first time (generate ID), it now needs to solve a crypto-puzzle which should take about 15 mins on average
- Faster block sync with default parameter
- Allow resubscribe and unsubscribe
This is an incompatible upgrade, so upgrade is required. The old version will be deprecated very soon to accelerate the upgrade process.
- If you are using one-click on DO/AWS/Google Cloud, you don’t need to do anything.
- If you downloaded the release version, you just need to download it again https://github.com/nknorg/nkn/releases , replace your nknd and nknc and run again
- If you build from scratch, you just need to do the build again.
- If you are using some scripts or tutorials that has auto-updator, then it should be automatic if the auto-updator is working properly.
You probably don’t need to download the ChainDB snapshot manually, but if you really want or need, you can use https://nkn.org/ChainDB_latest.zip .
To update to the new version, please stop your nknd, rebuild (or download the latest binary from https://github.com/nknorg/nkn/releases ), and then restart. If you are using the GUI miner or auto-updater, then you just need to stop and restart and miner and it will upgrade automatically.