We released a new version v1.1.2-beta. This is a major release that introduced various features. Particularly, every miner should read this:
- Two more ports 30004 and 30005 need to be open in order to accept https/wss clients and receive more mining rewards!
certsdirectory should be shipped together with nknd! It’s included in the release zip file, but if you are using your own script to install/update nodes, please remember to include/updates
- Implement [NKP-0003] Providing https/wss endpoint for EVERY NKN node, now every node needs to open port 30001-30005 (two more ports 30004/30005 needs to be open) in order to accept https/wss clients and receive more rewards
- Introducing go-upnp as another NAT traversal library to increase success rate
- Starting http json server while generating id to allow node monitor get status earlier
This is a compatible upgrade, but upgrade is required to provide service to https/wss clients due to introducing ssl certificates. Old version might be deprecated soon to accelerate the upgrade process.
- If you are using one-click on DO/AWS/Google Cloud, you just need to stop and restart and miner and it will upgrade automatically. But if your node is running on AWS/Google Cloud or other VPS that requires firewall settings, you need to add port 30004/30005 to the existing rules!
- If you downloaded the release version, you just need to download it again https://github.com/nknorg/nkn/releases , replace your nknd and nknc and run again
- If you build from scratch, you just need to do the build again.
- If you are using some scripts or tutorials that has auto-updator, then it should be automatic if the auto-updator is working properly.
You probably don’t need to download the ChainDB snapshot manually, but if you really want or need, you can use https://nkn.org/ChainDB_pruned_latest.zip or https://nkn.org/ChainDB_pruned_latest.tar.gz for pruned ChainDB.
To update to the new version, please stop your nknd, rebuild (or download the latest binary from https://github.com/nknorg/nkn/releases ), and then restart. If you are using the auto-updater, then you just need to stop and restart and miner and it will upgrade automatically.