We released a new version v1.1.5-beta. This is a minor release with a lot of improvements.
- Remove old log files if total log file size exceeds a limit
- Add web directory to git repo for user’s convenience
- Add docker entrypoint to create default config/wallet/certs/etc
- Will not cache block with invalid signature
- Add neighbor sent block with invalid signature to blacklist
- Use periodical ping/pong message to detect client timeout rapidly
- Will put message into buffer if client timeout
Upgrade is recommended.
- If you are using one-click on DO/AWS/Google Cloud, you just need to stop and restart and miner and it will upgrade automatically.
- If you downloaded the release version, you just need to download it again at https://github.com/nknorg/nkn/releases , replace files and start nknd again
- If you build from scratch, you just need to do the build again.
- If you are using some scripts or tutorials that has auto-updater, then it should be automatic if the auto-updater is working properly.
You probably don’t need to download the ChainDB snapshot manually, but if you really want or need, you can use https://nkn.org/ChainDB_pruned_latest.zip or https://nkn.org/ChainDB_pruned_latest.tar.gz for pruned ChainDB.
To update to the new version, please stop your nknd, rebuild (or download the latest binary from https://github.com/nknorg/nkn/releases ), and then restart. If you are using the auto-updater, then you just need to stop and restart and miner and it will upgrade automatically.