We released a new version v1.1.6-beta. This version fixed a few potential security problems found during the ongoing security audit. In addition, it fixed a problem that might cause join network failure.
- Prevent last 2 elements in sigchain to be the same
- Returns error if proposal txn hash list contains duplicate
- Will not cache sigchain txn with invalid txn signature
- Use random neighbor probabilistically chance when stabilize
- Unify fee subtract and nonce increment logic for all txn types
- Check amount and fee range when checking payload
- Connect to random neighbor first when joining the network to improve join reliability
Please update your node as soon as possible! Old version might stop working when majority of the network has updated.
- If you are using one-click on DO/AWS/Google Cloud, you just need to stop and restart and miner and it will upgrade automatically.
- If you downloaded the release version, you just need to download it again at https://github.com/nknorg/nkn/releases, replace files and start nknd again
- If you build from scratch, you just need to do the build again.
- If you are using some scripts or tutorials that has auto-updater, then it should be automatic if the auto-updater is working properly.
You don’t need to download the ChainDB snapshot manually, but if you really want or need, you can use https://nkn.org/ChainDB_pruned_latest.zip or https://nkn.org/ChainDB_pruned_latest.tar.gz for pruned ChainDB.
To update to the new version, please stop your nknd, rebuild (or download the latest binary from https://github.com/nknorg/nkn/releases ), and then restart. If you are using the auto-updater, then you just need to stop and restart and miner and it will upgrade automatically.