We released a new MainNet version v2.0.1 at https://github.com/nknorg/nkn/releases. This version greatly reduces pruning downtime and improves network stability. More changes can be found in the change notes below.
Because new security mechanism and protocols are introduced, old version is now deprecated. Please upgrade as soon as possible to avoid potential mining rewards loss!
- Node will prune db when saving blocks, so nknd only needs to compact database on start
- Increase max random neighbors to 16 for better block propagation reliability
- Connect to random neighbors without sleep if random neighbors set is not full
- Fix wrong slice length in CleanBlockValidationState that may cause panic
- Fix compiled nknd/nknc do not have verison set
- Add support for 32bit arm version (v5, v6, v7)
- Change import path to v2 to allow import from other packages
How to Upgrade
- If you are using nkn-commercial or nknx fast deploy, you don’t need to do anything.
- If you are using one-click on DO/AWS/Google Cloud, you just need to stop and restart and miner and it will upgrade automatically.
- If you downloaded the release version, you just need to download it again at https://github.com/nknorg/nkn/releases , replace files and start nknd again
- If you build from scratch, you just need to do the build again.
- If you are using some scripts or tutorials that has auto-updater, then it should be automatic if the auto-updater is working properly.
We don’t recommend anyone to download the ChainDB snapshot manually, but if you really want or need, you can use https://nkn.org/ChainDB_pruned_latest.zip or https://nkn.org/ChainDB_pruned_latest.tar.gz for pruned ChainDB.