We released a new mainnet version v2.1.3 at https://github.com/nknorg/nkn/releases. This version contains a few important sigchain related consensus upgrades that will greatly increase network security:
- Introduce sighash left shift mechanism
- Implement sighash left shift for sigchain with skipped hops
- Implement sighash left shift for sigchain with recent miners
The new mechanism will be enabled at block height 2,633,000. Please make sure all nodes upgrade before this height.
In addition, a few improvements and bug fixes are included in this version:
- Reduce the log level of some common message
- Fix the bug that node with certain local ledger cannot join the network
- Prevent nknc from creating empty log file on each start
How to Upgrade
- If you are using nkn-commercial or nknx fast deploy, you don’t need to do anything.
- If you are using old one-click on DO/AWS/Google Cloud that is not running nkn-commercial, you just need to stop and restart and miner and it will upgrade automatically.
- If you downloaded the release version, you just need to download it again at https://github.com/nknorg/nkn/releases , replace files and start nknd again
- If you build from scratch, you just need to do the build again.
- If you are using some scripts or tutorials that has auto-updater, then it should be automatic if the auto-updater is working properly.
We don’t recommend anyone to download the ChainDB snapshot manually, but if you really want or need, you can use https://nkn.org/ChainDB_pruned_latest.zip or https://nkn.org/ChainDB_pruned_latest.tar.gz for pruned ChainDB.