We released a new mainnet version v2.1.6 at https://github.com/nknorg/nkn/releases. This version has two major changes:
- Change bonus mining reward adjust interval from 1,576,800 blocks to 1 block. This change only affects the bonus mining reward from donation contribution (including Generate ID fee contribution). The bonus mining reward will still be released at the rate of 50% per 1,576,800 blocks just as before, but with more smooth release curve. The change will be effective at block height 3,030,000. After the effective height, mining reward is expected to increase immediately by 0.58 NKN.
- Add get trie state message and handler as the phase 1 of fast sync upgrade. This change will enable nodes to respond to get trie state messages, in preparation of the next phase of fast sync.
Due to consensus change, this version is a mandatory upgrade. Please upgrade before block height 3,030,000.
How to Upgrade
- If you are using nkn-commercial (including one-click on DO/AWS/Google Cloud) or nknx fast deploy, you don’t need to do anything.
- If you downloaded the release version, you just need to download it again at https://github.com/nknorg/nkn/releases , replace files and start nknd again
- If you build from scratch, you just need to do the build again.
- If you are using some scripts or tutorials that has auto-updater, then it should be automatic if the auto-updater is working properly.
We don’t recommend anyone to download the ChainDB snapshot manually, but if you really want or need, you can use https://nkn.org/ChainDB_pruned_latest.zip or https://nkn.org/ChainDB_pruned_latest.tar.gz for pruned ChainDB.