NKN Mining Guide for Mainnet: wiki version

Hello!

Good news, we are starting to see the first rewards, happy days!
Would it be possible to somehow see which specific node has been rewarded, without having to check each node individually on nstatus?

Many thanks

1 Like

Try this dashboard, with a few tweaks it works really well

nodes

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for replying.
I have stopped using that as every node would appear as offline. Is this something you have overcome?
I haven’t dived into the code yet though, I guess something was wrong with the parser? If you say it’s easy fixable then I’ll give it a look :slight_smile:

There is an ongoing issue with DigitalOcean. They have started blocking all our accounts due to violation of user agreement.

I thought the “FastDeploy” process was something fine for them?

I did also notice the CPU usage being always around 100%, so might have raised suspect. I thought this mining process was CPU friendly?

I don’t think so.

DO officially supports NKN and my nodes are up and running (not mining because of the sync).

How disappointing to go through all the steps and then find out at the end that you want to charge me to setup a node for mining telling my friends not to bother.

doubt, now i need to pay 10 nkn to create an id? for that i need to pay 27 dollars to make that transaction to my node wallet? is it seriously?

how do I get my wallet address and password from digital ocean. i set up a node using your 1click link thats above. thanks

It needs basic Linux command line operation. You need to ssh remote log into your DO droplet, and find the wallet.json and wallet.pswd in this directory:

/home/nkn/nkn-commercial/services/nkn-node

I dont understand this language, Im out. hopefully you guys make it easier to mine like Helium…

Do I need to stake or own NKN to mine?

No. You can start a NKN full node to mine without owning any NKN.

I think this should be edited as it’s not true anymore. Everyone deploying a new node needs to deposit 10 NKN into the nodes wallet.

Where do I find the nodes wallet? Devs should make a Youtube video explaining how to set it up… very confusing

You are right, let me update the FAQ.

Can someone make short video instruction on Youtube or here how to start mining from start to the end for all versions of mining Linux, Windows, wallets etc it would be most helpful.

2 Likes

hello,

i have a running node, i want to change node wallet address (not beneficial address). How to do?

Add wallet.json and wallet.pswd data to the new node and that’s it.

i mean i change my node wallet address. Not move to new node

In this case, the generation will have to be paid again, if you are talking about the address to which you receive from all nodes, then use the changes in the files with the “beneficiaryAddr”