Node finished sync and status is "mining" but shows offline in nknx.org and nstatus.org

As stated in the title - node finished syncing and now shows “mining” but when I try to add it in nknx.org using my public IP address I get an error that node is offline. When I check the node using nstatus.org I get the same error. Any idea whether I’m actually mining or not and why I could be getting this error?

-AZ

Can you provide more details, such as

• on cloud virtual machine or home computer
  • what operating system
  • which deployment method: nknx.org fast deploy, cloud 1-click from their marketplace, or custom script by community, manual install from our github repo
  • where did you see “mining” status

From your symptom, and if you are using home computer, then it could be related to firewall/port-forwarding on your router.

• on cloud virtual machine or home computer

Home computer

• what operating system

Windows 10

• which deployment method: nknx.org fast deploy, cloud 1-click from their marketplace, or custom script by community, manual install from our github repo

Manual install from github repo

• where did you see “mining” status

You are correct about the home PC setup but I assumed since the DB sync finished successfully and the status changed to mining that everything was working as it should. I’ll set up port forwarding on my router and see what happens. Thanks!

OK, update: before setting up port forwarding I decided to run a packet capture to establish current behavior. There was no traffic to the relevant port range while the node was stopped as expected. I ran the command to start the node and it took a few minutes to go into mining status, but once it did traffic to those ports started flowing so I don’t think it’s a NAT issue. Right now status is “mining”, there’s constant TCP traffic to port range 30000-30003, but node still shows offline on both sites.

One more thing: I pulled up one of the neighbor nodes on nstatus, then searched my own IP under its neighbors and it did show up that way:

Still showing offline on nstatus though. Not sure if this is relevant or not but thought I’d share in case.

Hello, did you solved this? I have the same problem. Node status is mining but when I checked nknx and nstatus, node is offline. I’m using windows 10.

I am having a similar issue. Node shows Persist_Finished on NKNx but offline on nstatus. Then randomly it will come offline on NKNx but shell says it is still going.

I have same issue as @aizeta. Did you solve this? Mine is mining since 2 days, but shows offline on nstatus.org