Node is stuck on GenerateID

Hello everybody,

I have spin up a node to test the waters. I used the default installation from DigitalOcean’s marketplace and added my node to nknx.org to monitor it.

It’s been 40mins and the status is still stuck on Generating ID. I have read this step should take about 15mins. I am not sure that is just an average and the generation process depends on the computing power (I have a very small droplet).

Anybody could clarify?

Thanks!

Hi, it is entirely normal to have a very long generateID time. 15 minutes is average, and some nodes can have significantly longer time. Basically it is solving a crypto puzzle, and there are lots of randomness in it. Please wait patiently until the generateID is completed.

1 Like

Can it take several days? I’ve been wating for a day already

Mine is generating id since yesterday, so +24h…On an RPI 4…
Dont know whats taking so long, i followed instructions regarding fastdeploy…

I have 2 different machines on 2 different internet connection and have been stuck on creating ID for 3 days. Any ideas?

Hello !

Did you setup the port forwarding?

Best,

Device is behind a bridged cable modem.

You can find more information about port forwarding here https://wiki.my-nkn.cloud/index.php/Port_forwarding_for_your_NKN_node

Best

It is behind a bridged modem with a public IP address. No firewall. I understand how to port forward. With all NAT and firewall unavailable, there is no need for port forwarding.