Node not detected

Hi, I’m new to NKN and I’ve setup a node on my NAS.

The node seems to be running and contacting neighbours, downloading blocks (it has fully synced since 2 days ago) But I’m unable to connect it to NKNx and the NKN node checker also can’t detect it saying it is offline

My port forwarding is done correctly, I can see that using an online checker tool confirming the ports are open in my public IP and also the firewall on my NAS is allowing traffic on these ports.

There is only one error I can see in the node, sometimes is says “error updating finger table” but I believe that happens when I can’t reach certain nodes.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Also, I can’t reach the Web-UI

There is only one error I can see in the node, sometimes is says “error updating finger table” but I believe that happens when I can’t reach certain nodes.

You are right, the error can be ignored.

Based on your description I think it’s still port forwarding’s problem. Could you post a screenshot about the online checker tool result? You can hide the IP address if you’d like to

And it might be more productive if you can email us a copy of your logs. [email protected].

Hi,

Thanks guys I was trying to do some troubleshooting before sending you the email, unfortunately I didn’t manage to get it detected externally.
I’ve sent you an email as requested.

Cheers,

Hi, Do you have a tutorial to install it on NAS. specially synology?

Regards