Noobs

I am currently following this suggestion. As the syncing process keeps breaking for me. Like it just flat out fails after a few hours or even a day. I am trying this on both a dedicated windows pc and a raspberry pi. Both fail after a few hours. My question for you is, once I finish downloading this file, how do I put it into the miner on windows?

For Windows, Get 7Zip. First extract the GZ so you have a TAR then extract the TAR so you have a folder and that folder will contain everything you need for ChainDB. Rename old ChainDB and drag over the one you got from TAR.GZ. I did this for my 1st Windows node. Each node I deployed afterwards, I used a ZIP of ChainDB from 1st node since it was >50K blocks higher than the TAR.GZ (at that time).

Interesting. Can you make of copy of the ChainDB folder from the first node while the program is running or will that cause an issue with the node?

Also, how are you scaling your node setup when you can only have 1 node per public ip address?

I stop the node before getting a copy of ChainDB. On a well powered node, the restart cycle only burns about 5 minutes to prune/sync. I don’t trust making a backup while files are in use: log, lock, manifest … I prefer integrity.

As fore more nodes, I’m using free credits in Vultr. $100 for 14 days. Day 13 I’ll shutdown the nodes. If friends won’t let me deploy a node at their house, I can offer up the IDs for others the play, or find another free trial to leverage.