Q&A from Telegram (OregonWarrior)

OregonWarrior, [Feb 27, 2019 at 9:45:23 PM]:
Bruce: a few questions for you. 1. Tell me again what you view the intrinsic value of NKN token to be? 2. What is the significance of passing ETH for highest node count? 3. What will the mainnet’s biggest accomplishments be in your opinion?

Bruce Li | NKN admin, [Feb 27, 2019 at 10:15:18 PM]:
Hi, very good questions and glad to answer.

1. NKN token can be used to pay for data relay and transmission. In addition, users can use NKN to pay for any service that is based on our publish/subscribe mechanism (already implemented but not publicly launched). Concrete example: user A can host a web accelerator, and user B can pay user A to use his web accelerator.

2. The significance is that we can. :grinning: kidding aside, it is important to make blockchain BOTH scale and still decentralized. And with useful proof of work. If we can pull all these off, I think we could elevate the entire blockchain technology up a notch.

3. My personal criteria for mainnet’s biggest accomplishments: my parents can use an app or service that is running over NKN network, even though they might or might not know it.

OregonWarrior, [Feb 27, 2019 at 10:26:30 PM]:
Wow. very insightful, Bruce. Been a supporter for some time now. Really like seeing more nodes on nknx. Will be emailing myself these answers so I have them. 1. I hope NKN value rises with the network. I think holders have shown strength in the last months. They know your team is working on big things. 2. ETH seems to fail the scale test when compared to NKN at large scale. 3. If we get NKN so global that it provides better wifi to normal people without them knowing or caring, then I will be very very happy. I hope we made big strides toward that goal in 2019.

OregonWarrior, [Feb 27, 2019 at 10:31:47 PM]:
Will be staying up to date on nkn. I think getting LARGE businesses on board with wifi sharing and whatever your complex set up is, will be very vital. When I saw Google Cloud on your network pie chart and microsoft I legit thought you had brought them on board. I was shocked. How will you be onboarding large companies?

Bruce Li | NKN admin, [Feb 27, 2019 at 10:33:47 PM]:
We have worked with all four cloud platforms in the last 3-4 months, winning their trust and understanding. We showed them what we try to do, and what is our resource utilization of a typical running node. And the annoucement will come one by one. We already unveiled Digital Ocean, and the others are coming.

Regarding carriers and ISPs, they take more time since they move slower. But it is like making wine, you have to spend a few years growing the grapes, until one day you make wine. Of course it won’t be a few years in our case, since we are continously working with them.