RasPi Plug-n-Play install not working

Just trying to setup a pi via the plug n’ play script, and I get “Installation Failed” when trying to install. I get to the line “NKN Built” and then failed… nothing more. Can’t find a fix, and I’m fairly poor with linux so hard for me to work it out myself. Any ideas? I’d prefer do this via pis or vm and not a load of Windows VMs if possible.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience!

I’ll update the github repo for mainnet. Currently it’s outdated. Please follow other raspberry pi tutorials in the meantime to set up manually.

Ahh okay no worries, thanks for letting me know. Glad to know I wasn’t doing something stupid! I’ve got a few Pis around the building, and also like the idea of setting a little ‘lab’ of them going with some 3D printed cooling/stacking etc. Nice little multi-node setup. I have good internet too, so would like to see if I could either run a real fast node, or a load at once. I’ll check other tutorials for now to get something running.

Would be cool to see when you have your little army of Pis set up and running NKN! Share a photo if you wish :grinning:

I certainly will do! Before the Pis, I’ll have a node running my full 42U rack ;). Once I get some things running, I’ll show some pictures. Question though - do nodes scale with performance/resources available to them, and internet speed etc? Or are more nodes going to scale better than one hefty boy?

Beefier node does not yield more mining reward, especially considering your nodes have almost same network connection. As long as you have enough public IP addresses, I would suggest run an army of them.

Army of nodes it is.