Upcoming Video AMA with Core Team

AMA-Dec-EN
Date and time:

• December 12th, 2019, 17:00 GMT
  • December 12th, 2019, 9AM US Pacific
  • December 13th, 2019, 1AM Beijing

Webinar links

Please ask your questions here as well as live online.

4 Likes

I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to catch live, so thought I’d drop a couple basic questions…

Are you able to say how many potential clients you’re working with or currently testing for? It sounds like there could be a good few in the pipeline. Both for nCDN and TUNA?

Does NKN have plans to list on Coinbase in 2020, helping the American market get a piece of the pie?

Would you comment on the critically cold reception on the recently launched Google Stadia (a gaming streaming service from Google)? When it was expected to be the next revolution in gaming industry, it comes with a number of expected problems and limitations.

Since NKN wants to tackle the same space among many others, would these limitations (e.g: bad latency) be an obstacle and make your team just shrug off the idea of streaming games?

My question is already in an NKP too ([NKP-0003] Providing https/wss endpoint for EVERY NKN node), but i’m curious to know the official stance on this and what to expect. I personally love to experiment with NKN in a commercial environment (nothing big) but i can’t even begin making a suggestion if HTTPS isn’t possible. Currently NKN is only usable in HTTP contexts and non-web contexts. While that’s still awesome, i kinda hope for a HTTPS solution here. How does NKN plan to tackle this and whats the time frame for it?

Totally different question but sparked by the HTTPS core issue (SSL certificates). There seems to be a dire need in the distributed world to have some means of a decentralized certificate authority. Does NKN see a role for itself here? If i’m correct, the NKN network is perfectly suited to fulfill this role and it could mean that NKN would become very attractive for other decentralized projects to use as a means of getting certificates. I know there’s more too it then just starting a certificate authority. You have to be trusted by other root authorities and due to the distributed nature, some new protocols probably have to be created to make that a smooth integration.