700.000 relayed messages - 0 rewards

Hi, I deployed a node on a Raspberry Pi 3b connected directly to a router with a 1000down/200up internet connection (tests show me almost 100mbps down and up on the Raspberry). The result of weeks mining with almost 700.000 relayed messages?
Zero rewards.

The conclusion? Is not worth it. There’s no reward balance. Here on the forum you can see several examples of nodes with 4000 messages and 4 mined blocks, 10.000 with 8…now 700.000 with zero?
Ideas?

Thanks in advance for the support.

Hi, the data traffic in NKN network has increased significantly in recent days, therefore comparing the relayed message counts between now and other historical screenshots might not be accurate.

In addition, the stats on nknx.org is historical and accumulates since you add the node to nknx.org. E.g. I have been running some nodes since July’2019, so the Mined number is summed over 7 months. On the other hand, the Relayed Message Count resets to zero every time the node software is restarted due to upgrade or just simply died. My current message count started a few days ago when I upgraded to 1.1.3-beta.

Let me give you a concrete example of the screenshot I just did for some of my personal nodes on nknx.org. e.g. Linode1, which mined 6 blocks over the last 3 months, and relayed 930,728 messages since 5 days ago (during this 5-day period this node mined nothing).

39 PM

These two posts might give you more insight into why sometimes a node gets no reward for a long period of time, or very little reward compared to average.

Well, still no rewards. Sincerely I don’t know how you want to expand the network this way. I don’t see the incentive to continue with the node online. I relay messages but receive no rewards. This model works for other types of “mining” but in this model you want to have nodes around the globe, but there’s no incentive for that. What do you prefer? Another VPS on the same servers as thousands of other nodes or a node that extends the network coverage? Sorry but this model looks too centralized.

I know this is an older thread, but with many nodes are going over 40,000 Relays/h, 700,000 isn’t even one day’s worth of mining. There’s no reason besides shear luck why such a number would return a figure. Even when the network was 60% of the current size, mining blocks daily was never a thing.