ALLinONE-nknnode script, deploy nodes faster, with your own ChainDB!

Capture

not offline for me. but seriously why are you deplyoing without the chainDB? height is only 136k it will take days to sync.

Iā€™m not sure what youā€™re up to.

just ran your node checker script see below:

IP: Status: Height: Version: Uptime:
50.35.89.230 SYNC_STARTED 137234 v2.1.2 0d 0h
Post http://50.35.89.230:30003: net/http: request canceled while waiting for connection (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers)
Post http://50.35.89.230:30003: net/http: request canceled while waiting for connection (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers)

I didnā€™t knowā€¦ I have gaps in my knowledge with this stuffā€¦This is the first node of anything I have deployed everā€¦ I wanted to learn and try at the same time. I really like what NKN is doing and wanted to give it a shot. Can I fix the ChainDB issue or should I just wait for it to sync?

I made a beginner section for a reason. Thereā€™s an explanation there and a complete guide to start off a node and a server. I dunno how else I can make it easier on people lol

1 Like

Thank you so much for trying to make this world a better place!

Node works, technically everything is fine.

The question is, where can I just exchange cryptocurrency for the mainnet NKN token without the extortionate commission from the exchangers? If launching an NKN node is positioned as a simple process available to everyone, where is the user manual explaining these things at the user level? There may already be a link to this.

For example, huobi.com exchanges cryptocurrency for an NKN token on the ether blockchain.
Not only can you only withdraw more than 20 NKN, the commission for withdrawing to another address is 34 NKN.
Why, in order to activate an NKN node, you need to invest so much money and get so many difficulties with the exchange?

The NKN exchange service from the ether token to the mainnet token writes that it is undesirable to withdraw from the exchange, there is a risk of losing all funds, so you need an intermediate wallet to store ether tokens, which one is best for these purposes? MetaMask?

If there is a section on the forum where there is information, please give me a link.

Iā€™m still not clear where can I buy 10 mainnet NKN tokens at a reasonable price?
Thank you very much for your time and attention.

p.s .: I still have old NKN tokens on the neo-blockchain, do they still have a use or are they already lost and are not needed by anyone?

1 Like

Either swap the tokens at swap.nkn.org
or the exchange: https://sg.upbit.com/home

but there are difficulties involved with bothā€¦ this has to be fixed, itā€™s very annoying.

Thank you for your help!

To exchange cryptocurrency and get NKN on upbit.com, I need to go through verification, from my country this is impossible, unfortunately.
Do other NKN node users somehow solve this problem?
Is there a thread on the forum where this issue is discussed in more detail?
Where else can you get 10 mainnet NKN tokens without any problems?

It is a pity that it will not be possible to test the operation of the NKN nodeā€¦

version 1.4 is out

addded:
nWatch website node monitor (AL-dot-debug)
in-script wallet balance monitor

version 1.4.1 is out

added
in-script monitor now shows how many blocks were mined

1 Like

Hi guys, Thanks for this script, I deployed the chainDB host and the NKN Node on the same server, but it takes a long time to synchronize. And there is somewhere here an instruction for beginners on how to update the ChainDB host after syncing the NKN NODE.

After it is persist finished aka mining, just run the script again on the chaindb server, go to advanced and 5 I think its it chaindb update. Simple as that

1 Like

Thank you. But I havenā€™t tried it yet because my node is still syncing, maybe I did something wrong. After installation. I deleted the wallet.json and wallet. pswd and replaced with their own(previously used) then rebooted the server. After a while, the ip changed its status to syncState: ā€œSYNC_STARTEDā€, and still syncs, even though itā€™s been more than 5 hours. Can the node duplicate ChainDB? I use Digital Ocean. 60GB

Check your IP on nstatus.org and look at height number. If its rising (refresh) its still syncing. Its should get up to 2,58 million or something like that is the current height

Thank you again. It is rising. Iā€™m almost there. My node height is 2528992.

When the node reaches:

syncState: ā€œPERSIST_FINISHEDā€,

Then you can start the script again on this server, go to advanced and 5, I think, to update your current ChainDB file to the latest block.

After you do that, any node deployed with this ChainDB server URL, will be deployed with almost 100% of the chain immediately.

Will the node be updated automatically after installation on the VPS?

Yes

Hi, today I updated the ChainDB host. But after that, the nkn node broke. I understand nothing. I restarted the VPS, but it didnā€™t start working. The ChainDB host works fine. could you please tell me. What I broke. :sob:1 2

Show me the content of nkn-node.log or nkn-node.log.1

use:
nano nkn-node.log
or
cat nkn-node.log