ALLinONE-nknnode script, deploy nodes faster, with your own ChainDB!

this all looks normal.

I would suggest you do the next (one command):

rm nkn-node.log; rm nkn-node.log.1; systemctl restart nkn-commercial.service

this will remove the old logs, and restart the service.

After this wait a little and look at the new nkn-node.log, get me more info

Did I understand correctly that there is no permission(access to the ChainDB file)? When I created the VPS I was always as Root. After installing for beginners, I had to change the password for the script and I stopped being Root. Now when I log in to have access to search or to open your script again (for example,to update the host) requires sudo su

This should fix your problem, I still donā€™t get what happens. Please explain what exactly you did.

Run this one command:
cd "$(find / -type d -name "nkn-node" 2>/dev/null)"; chown -R nkn:nkn ChainDB/ ; systemctl restart nkn-commercial.service

This helped, and the node started working. Thank you again. Yesterday I created a VPS Digital Ocean(Used a password(I used it when connecting to the VPS), did not use ssh keys). Then I ran your script for beginners, deployed the node and host ChainDB. During the script, I created a New username ā€œnknā€ and was asked to create a password. This morning I checked the nodeā€™s status (ā€œPERSIST_FINISHEDā€,). I tried to run your script to update the Host, I was given that you need to enter sudo su -(when I first ran your script, this was not required). I did this and ran your script again. Then go to advanced and 5. This was successful(I checked my url that it is accessible and updated from my personal computer). Then I checked the node on nstatus and it was offline. I tried systemctl start nkn-commercial. service. It didnā€™t help, I restarted the VPS and it didnā€™t help either. Then I wrote here. And you saved me. That is all.

thanks for the detailed info, I donā€™t understand why the files in ChainDB folder change permissions since weā€™re not changing themā€¦ hasnā€™t happened to me, ever. Iā€™ll fix it somehow.

you wonā€™t believe this, but exactly the same happened on one of my nodes that I havenā€™t touched for a weekā€¦ randomly the ChainDB folder has files with root priviligesā€¦ wtf

I donā€™t think it matters, but you never know. Here I selected 1 item (install the package maintainerā€™s version)

I always do maintainers version

Hello,

I have a similar problem as above. Utilized script to update 2 hosted chaindb. Update went fine on both.

Check in Nwatch shows both servers offline. Rebooted servers. Check again servers still offline.

Run systemctl status nkn-commercial.service. Shows service is active and running on both.

systemctl restart nkn-commercial.service. Service still offline.

I read your code, I didnā€™t programming on scripting since long time.
Itā€™s clean and very intuitive, I love your rigor.

hino112358
so we got trouble if we executes your script for hosting his own chainDB ?

Tried

cd ā€œ$(find / -type d -name ā€œnkn-nodeā€ 2>/dev/null)ā€; chown -R nkn:nkn ChainDB/ ; systemctl restart nkn-commercial.service>

Still offline.

for a better understanding :
rm nkn-node.log; rm nkn-node.log.1; systemctl restart nkn-commercial.service
cat nkn-node.log

what do you see ?

I tried fixing it today. Script version 1.4.3 is out.

ChainDB creation should be fine.

Itā€™s a weird bug.

1 Like

Youā€™ll have to give me more information.

Sorry, from the log:

chain.initialization error: open Chain DB/LOG: permission denied

Try this one. RUN IT AS ROOT!

sudo su -

systemctl stop nkn-commercial.service ; cd "$(find / -type d -name "nkn-node" 2>/dev/null)" ; chown -R nkn:nkn ChainDB/ ; systemctl restart nkn-commercial.service

If it doesnā€™t work Iā€™ll need MORE info or access to the server.

Well im an idiotā€¦ RUN AS ROOT!!! sorry fixed :slight_smile: