- NKN full nodes reaching up to 30,000+ all around the world
- Convenient home mining: nknX “fast deploy” on Raspberry Pi
- nConnect offers high performance at scale
- Revisit Web3.0: Power of Offchain available on YouTube
- Development started on new NKN SDK for C/C++
Mainnet technical development updates
Latest Mainnet Stats September 21, 2020:
- 31,667 full consensus nodes
- 153 ISPs or cloud providers
- 39 countries & regions
The latest stable release for mainnet is v2.0.4
NKN full nodes reaching up to 30,000+ all around the world
NKN Mainnet Node Map on September 13, 2020
We are excited to announce that our full nodes worldwide have reached 30,000+ this September! As y’all might know, NKN’s full nodes have exceeded the Bitcoin network around 2019 and became the world’s largest blockchain network. However, we are more than excited to say that our full nodes worldwide have reached over 30,000+ this September! Ladies and gentlemen, some applause please! And of course, our team will not stop here, NKN will be aiming for the stars!
nknX “fast deploy” on Raspberry Pi
We’ve found a great way to run an NKN full node at home: try “fast deploy” by nknX on a raspberry Pi! As always, we did not only come up with a super idea but we tried it out for you guys already, and here’s a light write-up posted on our forum explaining all the steps and tools you’ll need to do before the final “I’m mining, Yay!” step.
Click for more: nknX “Fast Deploy” on Raspberry Pi
nConnect offers high performance at scale
nConnect proxy speed test (histogram)
Our partners are always asking for real-world results from NKN’s global network and we are happy to oblige. During our recent testing of NKN’s nConnect Proxy Service using 115 servers, we made 255 measurements to showcase NKN’s incredible performance capabilities. The results show an average of 370Mbps , which is better than many of the proxy services offered by popular commercial solutions. If you are a developer interested in offering your own proxy solution, consider building on NKN’s infrastructure to provide the performance and scalability that will help you stand out among the crowd.
Revisit Web3.0: Power of Offchain available on YouTube
Did you know that all of the presentations from the Web3.0 tech talk, “The power of offchain” are available on our YouTube channel? You can revisit all of the great presentations from the CTOs of Bluzelle, Filecoin, IoTeX, NKN, Storj, and Theta featuring key insights of their products and offchain solutions. Sit back and watch all the great talks with our curated playlist.
Development started on new NKN SDK for C/C++
The NKN core development team has started work on a new SDK for C/C++ programming language.
C/C++ support in NKN SDK is important for a few reasons:
- NKN supports high speed low latency off-chain data transmission, while still being secured by strong encryption and signature chain. The latter two require most efficient implementation in different hardware and software environments.
- For embedded device with extremely limited resources (CPU, memory, Disk space), C/C++ SDK will provide the highest efficiency while supporting the powerful functionality of NKN client
- For iOS devices, Objective-C based library still provides the best performance and efficiency
Email: [email protected]