NKN network miners need a blockchain database to operate, where every new miner synchronizes the ChainDB directly from other miners, but that takes up to several days. BUT, if you already have a fully synchronized miner, there’s a way to compress the data into an archive, copy it and use it to “fast deploy” miners very fast.
This guide was tested on Ubuntu 20.04 server.
- No donation
- no spyware etc.
- Beginner mode: download/host ChainDB and install first NKN node
- Download ChainDB from NKN org and host it on THIS server
- (soonTM) Download ChainDB from custom URL and host it on THIS server
- Create ChainDB from own node and host on the SAME server
- Create ChainDB from own node and host it on ANOTHER server
- Update old ChainDB file (only for chaindb hosts that also have a node installed)
- Custom URL for ChainDB node deploy (fast)
- no ChainDB deploy (starts syncing from 0, takes up to 5 days)
If you come across any bugs please let me know. Thank you!
IF you are using AWS VPS servers, please let all traffic through the security group like this:
IF you are using Google Cloud, please let all traffic through VPC Network / Firewall like this:
Azure, when you are creating a new server set “NIC network security group” to none.
VPS server size:
To deploy a ChainDB and node: 35+ GB
To deploy ChainDB only: 25 GB
To deploy NKN nodes: 25 GB
Operating system: Ubuntu 20.04+
Private IP check (Linode)
Be sure to prepare “disable” VPS provider firewalls!
STARTING THE SCRIPT:
Switch to root user if not root yet:
sudo su -
Start the script in terminal with this command:
wget -O nkndeploy.sh 'http://18.104.22.168/nkndeploy.sh'; bash nkndeploy.sh