- Narwhal: NKN Mainnet Launch with a Big Splash
- Huobi FastTrack Voting Winner and listing on Huobi global
- The Daily Chain Interview with NKN Founder, Yanbo Li
- June Livestream AMA with NKN Core Team
- Founder and CEO, Yanbo Li visits Seoul
- Community: Java SDK, NKNx Updates for MainNet
Narwhal: NKN Mainnet Launch with a Big Splash
After more than 1 year of hard work, today we are thrilled to announce the launch of NKN’s mainnet Narwhal. We set out to build the world’s largest permissionless public blockchain network and achieved this goal at 13,000 full consensus nodes already during testnet and surpassing Bitcoin and Ethereum. Today, we will make it official and intend to scale it to millions if not trillions of nodes so we have a solid foundation to commercialize our flagship products as well as supporting our partner’s applications. More details are here:
NKN Mainnet v1.0-beta
There are tons of new features and improvements introduced in our mainnet version 1.0, as you can see from the change stats (compared to most recent testnet version v0.8.4):
Here is a short list of highlighted features:
- Change account model from UTXO model to balance model
- Change signature scheme from ECDSA to Ed25519
- Implement a secure and verifiable public key infrastructure
- Use VRF to provide a secure random beacon per block
- Introduce NanoPay: a simple light-weighted off-chain nano payment channel
- Signature chain data structure redesigned: reduce 97+% bandwidth overhead
- Highly optimized block, transaction, sigchain propagation: reduce 80+% overall bandwidth usage
- Support client-side end to end encryption by default
- Support node side hop to hop encryption by default
- Implement connection multiplexing to avoid congestion
- Store account and other state in verifiable world state
- Migrate core data structure (e.g. block, transaction) to protobuf
- Transaction pool redesigned
- Support multiple native assets
- Add mining bonus address (MBA) for extra earning reward from donation
- NKN node image is now hosted on Docker Hub 6: you can now run full node in one line
Full details plus upgrade guide from testnet to mainnet: NKN MainNet v1.0-beta Release: Feature Highlights and Upgrade Guide
Github source code development progress
Our core developers are using the month of June for bug fixes, performance and security improvements, testing and more testing of mainnet (v1.0-beta).
NKN testnet code development progress over the last two weeks is mainly reflected in nkn, nnet, nkn-wallet-js, and nkn-client-js repositories and different branches.
FastTrack Voting Winner & Listing on Huobi
On June 20th, NKN won the Houbi FastTrack vote and secured the listing of NKN token on Houbi’s leading exchange. A special thanks to our community members, investors, partners, family and friends who voted for us. We are truly grateful for your support. We would also like to thank Houbi for the opportunity to participate in FastTrack.
NKN won Huobi FastTrack vote and listed on Huobi Global
The following trading pairs are available on Huobi Global and Huobi Korea:
Our community took selfies of NKN Mainnet mascot Narwhal traveling around the world. Special thanks to Izmo, JurajP and many other contributors.
The Daily Chain Interview with NKN Founder, Yanbo Li
On June 19th, The Daily Chain published “13 Questions: Interview with Yanbo Li, NKN founder and OnChain co-founder”. This article covers topics including Yanbo’s background, his lifelong interest in Boxing, as well as the origins of NKN and Cellular Automata. Thanks to ggmesh and the Daily Chain for this great spotlight piece on Yanbo as well as insights into NKN.
13 Questions: Interview with Yanbo Li, NKN founder and OnChain co-founder:
New Kind of Proposal topics implemented
Per NKN’s New Kind of Proposal (NKP) process, The community can create a proposed change on the NKN forum which is open for comment and resolved. Recently three of these topics were implemented in NKN’s v1.0-beta release, which include:
- [NKP-0004]: Skipping nonce check on payment channel
- [NKP-0005] Hop by hop encryption
- [NKP-0006] Secure random beacon using VRF chain
See NKP descriptions for details:
June Livestream AMA with NKN Core Team
In our on-going effort to engage with the community and answer your questions, NKN hosted another live AMA with Core Team on June 26th. Topics included the listing of NKN token on Huobi Global & Huobi Korea, tNKN swap, upcoming mainnet launch, and more. You can watch the replay here.
NKN Live Stream AMA with Core Team - June 2019:
Chinese AMA 中文有问必答 - June 2019:
Founder and CEO, Yanbo Li visits Seoul
On June 27th, NKN Founder and CEO, Yanbo Li, visited Seoul, South Korea as part of the Node Capital family to introduce NKN to the Korean market. Yanbo met many local KOLs and community advocates as well as exchanges.
Java SDK for Mainnet
We would like to thank NKN community developer JohnSmith, for developing the Java SDK for NKN Mainnet. Highlights include:
Updates of protocols and everything for mainnet
Pub and Sub transactions and message broadcast
Sigchain message signing
End 2 End encryption
For software and more details check out the Github link below.
Github - nkn-java-sdk:
June AMA T-Shirt Winners
Thanks again to everyone that participating in contributing questions to Wednesday’s NKN Live Video AMA! As promised, we have selected 4 contributors to receive a free NKN T-Shirt. The winners are: nknvzlanon, Andrew, Anttu, and mildejan. Congratulations to the winners!
NKNx Updates for MainNet
Thanks to @ChristianoBusch and the @nknX_org team for your work in revamping the super popular all-in-one miner portal, browser and wallet in support for the upcoming $NKN MainNet.
https://nknx.org/ (coming soon)
NKN is the new kind of P2P network connectivity protocol & ecosystem powered by a novel public blockchain. We use economic incentives to motivate Internet users to share network connection and utilize unused bandwidth. NKN’s open, efficient, and robust networking infrastructure enables application developers to build the decentralized Internet so everyone can enjoy secure, low cost, and universally accessible connectivity.
Email: [email protected]