We released a new mainnet version v2.1.1 at https://github.com/nknorg/nkn/releases. This version contains several significant security updates that greatly enhance the network security. The most noticeable change is adjusting Generate ID fee while invalidating all existing node ID. There are two transition block height:
- After block height 2570000, old ID is still valid, but cannot be generated. New ID can be generated after block 2570000.
- After block height 2600000, old ID is no longer valid. Node without new ID will need to generate new ID before joining the network.
To minimize impact on existing network, the NKN Foundation will pay for this new Generate ID fee for all qualified existing nodes, see Security Enhancement: Adjusting Fees for Generate ID for more info.
In addition, there are a few other updates:
- Enhanced signature chain verification that will be enabled at block height 2570000.
- Add subscriberHashPrefix parameter in get subscribers and get subscribers count RPC.
The new version is not compatible with previous versions starting from block height 2570000. Please make sure all nodes upgrade before this height.
How to Upgrade
- If you are using nkn-commercial or nknx fast deploy, you don’t need to do anything.
- If you are using one-click on DO/AWS/Google Cloud, you just need to stop and restart and miner and it will upgrade automatically.
- If you downloaded the release version, you just need to download it again at https://github.com/nknorg/nkn/releases , replace files and start nknd again
- If you build from scratch, you just need to do the build again.
- If you are using some scripts or tutorials that has auto-updater, then it should be automatic if the auto-updater is working properly.
We don’t recommend anyone to download the ChainDB snapshot manually, but if you really want or need, you can use https://nkn.org/ChainDB_pruned_latest.zip or https://nkn.org/ChainDB_pruned_latest.tar.gz for pruned ChainDB.