- NEP-5 to ERC-20 swap tool will be open May’25 - June’15, 2019. After which, it will be closed forever. We strongly encourage you to swap as early as possible, since this is the last window.
- Testnet (tNKN) to ERC-20 swap tool will be open Monday June 17th, 2019.
- ERC-20 to mainnet swap tool (two-way) will be open during phase 2 of MainNet, i.e. Q4 2019
- Exchanges will support automatic ERC-20 to mainnet swap, subject to their own schedule. The exchanges will provide their own announcements when they are ready.
- How can I find out which token I have?
- Token format depends upon the type of wallet or exchange and wallet address format.
- All exchanges who trade NKN use ERC-20 tokens today
- You have NEP-5 token if you hold tokens in NEO/NEP-5 wallet, and the wallet address starts with letter “A” like this “AeazBYxUcHxxcsoqDB546pqi4HunkxCvkC”
- You have ERC-20 token if you hold your tokens in an ETH wallet or exchanges, and the wallet address starts with “0x” like this “0x68cb76dea7d391c5e5bb51ebbcd30001b0d9fe12”
- You have tNKN (also known as testnet) tokens if you mine and hold your token in a NKN testnet wallet, and the wallet address starts with letter “N” like this “NQBPH4TxeD7WFkFienrrWrpVaDdV7bD5KY”
- Which wallet should I use for mainnet NKN token?
- We will offer an official web, desktop, and mobile wallet for NKN mainnet. Stay tuned for more info on nknwallet.io
- Partner wallets will announce their mainnet NKN token support once integration work is completed with NKN.
- Why do I need to swap from ERC-20 to mainnet or vice versa?
- Swap is not required, but may be needed depending on the exchange or service you would like to use.
- If you want to pay for networking services (e.g. nCDN, Pub/Sub) on NKN mainnet, then you need NKN mainnet tokens.
- You received mainnet NKN token either through mining or payment by running micro services such as nCDN, and you would like to trade ERC-20 tokens for other cryptocurrencies or fiat.
- Or in the future, your preferred exchange has migrated from ERC-20 to NKN mainnet tokens. In this case, the exchange will handle the swap automatically, thus no action is required from you.